E-01 Error Code in Epson is usually determined in the “Epson Service Manual” as a “FATAL ERROR: which means that the printer is not in a position to finish the self-test process. When users will turn on the power-on of the printer, it will begin to check its various system faults instantly. According to Epson printer Reapir support team, if for any reason, it’s not in a position to finish this self-test – then the printer will further give an error message mentioned above. It also clearly defines that means you have to fix the problem immediately. If the self-test is finished the printer is ready to print thereafter. This blog will guide you about few steps to fix E-01 Epson LCD error code
Online Steps to fix E-01 error code on Epson printer LCD
Step 1: Unplug the power cable
- Turn off the printer first.
- Next, you need to unplug the power cable from the wall outlet for at-least 5 minutes.
- Power on the printer again and check if the error persists or not
Step2: Working with the transportation lock
- Make sure that you have removed the transportation lock as suggested by Epson printer technical support
Next, you need to store the transportation lock carefully
Step 3: Working with the CD tray
- If the CD tray right is in the eject position, do make sure that you have pressed the CD Tray button to easily retract the tray to its storage position.
- Be careful, not to push or even pull up the CD tray into another position.
Turn off the Epson printer next and then make sure that paper is not at all jammed inside the unit section
Step4: Working with the CISS feature
- If you are working with the CISS feature installed in the printer then do make sure that the printer carriage is capable of going left and then right easily.
Make sure that the upper scanner part of the printer is tightly closed.
Step 5: Start up checks
- You will come across the initialization routine which will easily run on the “Start Up checks” and the entire unit will start functioning before completing the process
Step6: A note of caution
- If users are working with the CISS then there maybe ink tubes that are preventing to move carriage from left to the right section. So, a recommending installing an original Espon ink cartridges is accepted and then run the printer.
Step7: Accessing the cartridge loading area
- At last, simply get access to the cartridge loading area while it is not in a running state and then carefully move the carriage away from the stop which is just an inch required.
Step 8: Disassemble the printer
- The paper path has advanced sensors that are well mounted opposite to the size of the adjustment slide on the paper tray. Usually it is the case where a small opto-sensor can easily be blocked with the dust. The solution is simply to disassemble the printer and then carefully clean all optical sensors, paper feed sensors, encoder strip as well as the disc encoder.
Get in touch with our professionals at Epson printer customer support department for instant level services as and when needed. We are available for users 24*7 hours 365 days in a year. Our service charges are exceptionally low in rates to match up user’s expectations.